Got a good deal for a big bag of carrots but have no idea how to finish using it? Chef Eric and SideChef share some ideas on what you can do.
Better yet, swap them with a friend! That way, nothing goes to waste and you can help save up to 10,000 of food waste per year! Learn more here.
1. Peanut Soba Noodle Jar (adapted from SideChef) (4 portions)
1 Red Bell Pepper
1/4 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves
4 cup Soba Noodles or mung ean vermicelli
1/2 cup Peanuts
4 Spring Onions
1 clove Garlic
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce or 1tsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 tsp Brown Sugar, Thai Palm Sugar
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes or sliced fresh chili padi
1/3 cup Water
- Prepare soba noodles or mung bean noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Thinly slice Red Bell Pepper. Roughly chop fresh coriander. Finely shred carrots and cucumbers. Refresh in cold water.
- To make peanut sauce, run food processor and add ginger and garlic till finely minced, add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and pepper flakes or freshly sliced chilies.
- Slowly add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until smooth.
- To assemble each jar, divide all the ingredients into 4 portions and in each jar, layer the ingredients as follows: peanut sauce, sprinkle on thinly sliced scallion. Add in soba noodles, carrots, cucumbers, sliced bell peppers and peanuts. Serve salad with prepared dressing.
2. Roasted Carrots Salad with Walnuts Parma Ham (2 portions)
300g Carrots, peeled cut into chunks
Coarse Ground Black Pepper
2tbsps Red Wine Vinegar
4tbsps Olive Oil
30g Walnuts, coarsely chopped, toasted
50g Parma Ham slices
- Pre heat oven to 180C. Toss carrots with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to roasting tray. Roast carrots for 20minutes. Allow carrots to cool.
- Whisk ingredients for dressing together. Add the carrots and toss evenly.
- Transfer carrots to serving dish. Garnish with walnuts and parma ham before serve.